The Mothers Project supports the citizens of Colorado!
Please sign on. Scroll down for instructions.
Senators Udall and Bennet
From: The following Grassroots Groups
East Boulder County United
Boulder County Citizens for Community Rights
Commerce City United
Food and Water Watch
GrassRoots Energy activist Network (GREEN)
Commerce City Unite N.O.W.
Adams County Unite N.O.W.
Be the Change
Protect Colorado Water
Green Valley Ranch Fracking Resistance Group
Denver Community Rights
Our Health, Our Future, Our Longmont
What the Frack?! Arapahoe
Plus the undersigned constituents
Colorado is under assault from the oil and gas industry. As the industry moves full speed ahead with the fracking boom, residents across the state are organizing to protect their property values, way of life, health, environment, communities, and future generations from the impacts of oil and natural gas extraction.
The heavy industrial, toxic process of oil and natural gas extraction using hydraulic fracturing:
- uses millions of gallons of water per frack, turning our water into toxic waste that must be removed from the hydrologic cycle.
- is creating a potential environmental and human health catastrophe by pumping toxic wastewater into injection wells.
- contaminates surface/ground water and soil, spews toxins into our air, and despoils our landscape.
- threatens the economic benefit we receive from tourism and our healthy, outdoor lifestyle branding.
- is harmful to our health.
- releases high levels of greenhouse gas emissions.
- disrupts our communities with heavy semi-truck and tanker-truck traffic (some of which carry radioactive material), noise, lights, and industrial level diesel exhaust.
- externalizes millions of dollars in damage to our infrastructure.
- brings with it increased crime and pressure on the housing market from transient worker populations.
- Reduces property values.
- threatens the real estate market as lenders are increasingly unwilling to extend mortgages or refinance properties near wells, and as residents choose to leave by short selling or having their properties foreclosed on.
- is a boom and bust activity that leaves communities devastated.